Judge Terri L. Johnson
Judge Terri Johnson has served Wise County, Texas, as Justice of the Peace, since being elected in the 2006 General Election.
She has set the pace for integrity, efficiency and attention to youth that has made her County proud.
|Listen to Judge Johnson's Radio Spot|
- Keynote Speaker @ 2012 Conference: for International Association for Truancy and Dropout Prevention
- North Texas Council On Governments- Board Member
- National Judicial College- Commercial Driver's License Judicial Outreach Education Recipient
- Texas Justice Court Judges- Judicial College Scholar Member 2013
Where is Justice of the Peace Precinct #2
What is a Justice of the Peace in Texas
Justices of the peace handle both civil and criminal cases, including small claims court, justice court, and administrative hearings. In practical terms, these are lawsuits over debts, evictions, car accidents, unlawful towing, and property.
Their criminal workload involves disposing of all class C criminal misdemeanor complaints, such as traffic citations, issuance of bad check, and others. These cases involve payment, setting contested cases for trial, and pretrial hearings with the county prosecutor.
Other duties include presiding over peace bond hearings, reviewing applications for mental health or chemically dependent commitments, conducting compulsory school attendance trials, giving warnings to juveniles required by law. They issue warrants for and conduct hearings concerning seizure and disposition of cruelly treated animals. Most JP's perform marriage ceremonies as well.
A more detailed description of a Justice of the Peace is here.
- Wise County Election Information
- Learn how to Register to Vote and use the new eSlate system
- Voter Registration Form
- Official Wise County Home Page
- Wise County Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2 Office
- Wise County Teen Court
- Texas Secretary of State's Election Division and Voter Information
- Texas Courts Online: Justice of the Peace Courts
- Texas Judicial System
Paid for by the Judge Terri Johnson Campaign Funds
C. Douglas Johnson, Treasurer